Sometimes, the NFL has to look hard for its players.
Consider the state of Florida’s running backs. There, it can find Kevin Smith at UCF and Alfred Morris of FAU. Latavius Murray had 1,000 yards for the Raiders this season. Andre Hall had only a brief career with Denver, but the point is what he did in college.
They’re all young programs, but there has been talent.
So who are the top five running backs from the “other” state schools?
5. Latavius Murray, UCF (2010-2013): Rushed for 2,424 yards and 37 touchdowns for the Knights. Rushed for more than 1,000 yards for the Raiders.
4. Marlon Mack, USF (2014-present): Has gained 2,402 yards already at USF has has two years left. Expected to lead the Bulls again.
3. Alfred Morris, FAU (2008-2010): Morris has made a nice career with the Redskins and Cowboys. He gained 2,343 yards for the Owls. Had three 1,000-yard seasons with Washington.
2. Andre Hall, USF (2005-2006): Hall had 2,731 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry. Spent parts of two seasons with Denver.
1. Kevin Smith, UCF (2005-2007): Smith had an incredible 2,565 yards in one season, finishing eighth in the Heisman Trophy voting. He had 4,679 yards in only three years.