As college football kicks off this week, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putman says the best way to celebrate the big games are with fun, healthy and simple “Fresh From Florida” dishes.
Putnam’s office released several winning recipes for tailgating and watch parties, each featuring “in season” seafood, fresh fruits and vegetables with the “Fresh From Florida” label available at grocers statewide.
“No matter what team you’re rooting for this college football season, there’s no better way to enjoy the game than with ‘Fresh From Florida’ recipes,” Putnam says.
Recipes are available — in English and Spanish — in a number of categories at freshfromflorida.com: starters, entrees, sides, seafood, beverages and desserts.
Six football-themed dishes include:
- “National Champs” Florida Blue Crab Nachos
- “Touchdown” Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage
- “Red Zone” Relish for Hot Dogs
- “First Down” Baked Fries
- “Pick-Six” Beef and Sweet Pepper Skewers
- “Winning” Chicken, Avocado and Swiss Wrap