hris Latvala may be running for a Pinellas County seat in the Florida House, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t extremely popular on the other side of Tampa Bay.
Latvala joins friends and supporters from Hillsborough and surrounding areas Tuesday, Sept. 10 for one of the first official Tampa events celebrating his House District 67 campaign.
The party begins 4:30 p.m. at the Oxford Exchange, 420 West Kennedy Blvd.
The event’s host committee is comprised of nearly 50 Tampa-based Latvala supporters, including several high-profile Hillsborough county legislators:
- Tampa House Reps. Jamie Grant and Dana Young
- Rep. Jake Raburn from Lithia
- Rep. Dan Raulerson from Plant City
- Rep. Ross Spano from Dover
- State Sen. Tom Lee from Brandon
- State Sen. John Legg from Lutz
- Hillsborough County Commissioners Victor Crist, Al Higginbotham, Mark Sharpe and vice-chair Sandy Murman
Even though Latvala is the son of esteemed GOP lawmaker Sen. Jack Latvala, as well as a former legislative aide for Rep. Ed Hooper — the current representative of District 67 — Latvala is proving he has the same work ethic and capacity for leadership as both his father and former mentor.
Latvala is a member of the 2014 class of Leadership Pinellas, the Citizen Advisory Committee of the Pinellas MPO, the Government Advocacy Committee for Ruth Eckerd Hall, and part of the Community Relations committee for New Life Solutions.
For more information about Latvala’s District 67 campaign, visit the Chris Latvala for Florida House page on Facebook.