Earlier this morning, we wrote that supporters/apologists for Jeb Bush might begin saying that he perhaps misheard the question about the Iraq war that Fox News Channel host Megyn Kelly asked him in an interview broadcast on Monday night.
Now it’s actually happening.
On Fox, Kelly asked in a very straightforward manner, “Knowing what we know now, would you have authorized the invasion?”
“I would have, and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody,” Bush said, “and so would have almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got.”
This morning on CNN, analyst and former Bush aide Ana Navarro said that she emailed Bush today, and says that he “misheard” Kelly’s question.
“I emailed him this morning and I said to him, ‘Hey, I’m a little confused by this answer so I’m genuinely wondering, did you mishear the question?'” Navarro said. “And he said, ‘Yes, I misheard the question.'”
The Democratic National Committee is seizing on this, issuing an email today where they say “he must be pretty hard of hearing.”
- Jeb Bush said President George W. Bush’s “focusing too much on Iraq at the cost of Afghanistan” was not a mistake.
- When asked if his opinion will change on the Iraq War being a mistake, Jeb Bush responded: “I think people will respect the resolve that my brother showed, both in defending the country and the war in Iraq.”
- Jeb Bush said that he’s prepared to be the third Bush to employ American military power in Iraq.
- Jeb said in March that he wanted to put U.S. troops back into Iraq.
- Bush even criticized President Obama for not stationing 5,000-10,000 troops in Iraq indefinitely.
“Jeb Bush didn’t mishear the question – he’s just tone deaf,” said Holly Shulman, DNC national press secretary.