Since 2005, CREW has highlighted the most egregious violators of the public trust in our annual Most Corrupt Members of Congress report. Now, CREW has begun a list of Crooked Candidates to shine the spotlight on some of the lousy politicians vying for federal office in 2010.
In compiling the list, CREW left aside all incumbents. CREW’s research team poured over news articles, blogs and public records to find those candidates who have engaged in criminal or unethical conduct. The list is intended to complement our ongoing effort to ensure those representing our country exemplify the values of honesty and integrity.
CREW recognizes that with 2,300 people running for federal office this year, our list is by no means complete. In fact, we may not even have found the worst! Now we need your help: which truly terrible candidates did we miss? Submit your nominees to us and we’ll see if they rank among 2010’s most crooked candidates.
Here is who we have so far:
- Roy Blunt (R) U.S. Senate, MO
- Charlie Crist (I) U.S. Senate, FL
- Jeff Denham (R) U.S. House, CA
- Alvin Greene (D) U.S. Senate, SC
- Timothy Griffin (R) U.S. House, AR
- J.D. Hayworth (R) U.S. Senate, AZ
- Ed Martin (R) U.S. House, MO
- Kendrick Meek (D) U.S. Senate, FL
- Dino Rossi (R) U.S. Senate, WA
- Marco Rubio (R) U.S. Senate, FL
- Allen West (R) U.S. House, FL