Announced as the new Board of Trustees Chairman, John B. Zumwalt, III, is the President of The Zumwalt Company, a family investment company that assists with early investment and corporate development of start-up companies.
Through active participation in key civic groups, Zumwalt has promoted good stewardship of the Florida economy. His service has included serving on the Board of Directors of the Florida Council of 100. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Chamber of Commerce and a recipient of its 2006 Chair’s Award in recognition of his business leadership in Florida.
Zumwalt is Past Chair and Director of the Florida Chamber Foundation and chaired its Coalition for Affordable Living in Florida. He is a Leadership Florida alumnus.
He is currently Chairman of Florida TaxWatch and member of the Board’s Executive Committee. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of Enterprise Florida and the Tampa Bay Partnership. He is active on Shelton Quarles IMPACT Foundation in Tampa.
Zumwalt’s contributions have brought numerous professional and civic accolades, including recipient of In Focus magazine’s South Florida Achievers Award and featured in the “The Leadership Generation,” the Smart Business cover story for November 2005.
With Zumwalt taking over the Chairman’s position, the Florida TaxWatch Officer positions are now held by:
Chair-Elect: Michelle Robinson, Vice President, South Area, Government Affairs, Verizon (Alpharetta, GA)
Treasurer: David Mann, Chairman & CEO, North Florida Suntrust Bank (Jacksonville)
Secretary: Clayton Hollis, Vice President, Public Affairs, Publix Super Markets, Inc. (Lakeland)
Immediate Past Chairman: Marshall Criser, III, President, Florida AT&T (Miami)
The Board of Trustees meeting saw the introduction of several new members of the Florida TaxWatch Executive Committee:
- Colin Brown, President & CEO, JM Family Enterprises (Deerfield Beach)
- Syd Kitson, Chairman & CEO, Kitson & Partners (Palm Beach Gardens)
- Bob Stork, CEO, Communications International (Vero Beach)
- Charlie Gray, Chairman, GrayRobinson P.A. (Orlando)
At the same meeting, the Board of Trustees welcomed new members:
- Paul Anderson, CEO, Jacksonville Port Authority (Jacksonville)
- Justice Kenneth Bell, Shareholder, Clark Partington Hart Larry Bond & Stackhouse (Pensacola)
- Lori Costantino-Brown, President, Bridges of America (Orlando)
- Chris Dudley, Lobbyist, Southern Strategy Group (Tallahassee)
- Danny Gaekwad, President, NDS (Ocala)
- Richard Hanas, CAO, A. Duda & Sons, Inc. (Oviedo)
- Cyndy Loomis, CEO, Information Systems of Florida (Tallahassee)
- Sharon Merchant, Vice President, The Merchant Group (West Palm Beach)
- Jack Miles, Former Department of Management Services Secretary (Winter Park)
- Karen Moore, President, Moore Communications Group (Tallahassee)
- Phillis Oeters, Corporate Vice President, Baptist Health South Florida (Coral Gables)
- Piyush Patel, President & CEO, Kyra Info Tech Inc. (Lakeland)
- Barbara Ray, VP Public Sector, North Highland Company (Tallahassee)
- Emmett Reed, Executive Director, Florida Health Care Association (Tallahassee)
- Steve Uhlfelder, Uhlfelder & Associates, P.A. (Tallahassee)
- Monty Weigel, President & CEO, NorthStar Bank (Tampa)