How the State of the Union played on Twitter

in Uncategorized by

Twitter has put together an interesting graphic from last night’s State of the Union Address, showing the tweets per minute during the speech and how members of Congress reacted.

Behind the numbers: While Republican members of Congress are generally seen as more prolific users of Twitter than their Democratic counterparts, last night’s congressional tweets were overwhelmingly by Democrats, with 60%, while Republicans made up the remaining 40%.

Via The Political Wire.

Peter Schorsch is the President of Extensive Enterprises and is the publisher of some of Florida’s most influential new media websites, including SaintPetersBlog.com, FloridaPolitics.com, ContextFlorida.com, and Sunburn, the morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics. SaintPetersBlog has for three years running been ranked by the Washington Post as the best state-based blog in Florida. In addition to his publishing efforts, Peter is a political consultant to several of the state’s largest governmental affairs and public relations firms. Peter lives in St. Petersburg with his wife, Michelle, and their daughter, Ella.