It’s a well-chronicled event that people tend to gravitate to sexy costumes, but sexy Halloween costumes for babies? In the following pre-Halloween infographic, trending Halloween costume search terms (both popular and strange) are coupled with a survey of 7,315 online shoppers.
There are some interesting findings, namely that someone out there wants to be Slutty Bacon for Halloween. (True story!) There is also plenty of evidence that the senior population hates Halloween, while Generation Y embraces it. And what’s even better for retailers? Most people will at least spend a little bit of money on the holiday.
Among the interesting facts:
* Generation Y counts Halloween as 4th favorite holiday (after Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year’s); Seniors rank it last, in 8th place.
* 33% of seniors dislike Halloween so much that they opt to turn out their porch lights and go out to dinner.
* 4/5 of shoppers plan to celebrate Halloween (30% with gusto, 49% in a smaller way).
* 38% will be putting on a costume, while 15% won’t wear one but will put one on their kid.
* Someone out there is dressing up as Slutty Bacon for Halloween.
* 70% will spend at least $25 on Halloween costumes; 85% will spend at least $10 on candy.