Insurance regulatory experts at Colody Fass Talenfeld Karlinsky Abate & Webb, with stable of 12 lobbyists, were responsible for more than $2.2 million in lobbying revenue in the first quarter of 2014.
Led by founding partner Mike Colodny, veteran lobbyist Doug Bruce and former Florida Chief Financial Officer Tom Gallagher, Colody, et al. reported 74 legislative and 105 executive clients for an estimated maximum earnings of $1,049,950 legislative and $1,179,931 executive advocacy fees — for a total of up to $2,229,811.
These solid numbers put the firm as one of Florida’s top lobbying firms and a leader in regulatory, governmental and litigation matters.
Colodny’s single biggest paydays in Q1 were from a wide range of insurance-related interests such as FCCI Insurance Group, Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America and Risk Management Solutions, Inc. Along with Osceola Legislative Effort, each gave up to $49,999 for legislative advocacy.
At the $39,999 level in legislative lobbying were Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, Gray Insurance Company, and The Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance Company.
For executive lobbying work, Colodny also has a long list at the maximum $39,999 category, most of them in the state’s insurance industry, including:
- Guarantee Insurance Company
- Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- SafePoint MGA, LLC
- Bankers Insurance Company
- Cincinnati Insurance Companies, The
- Computer Aid, Inc
- Federated National Insurance Company
- Fidelity Fire & Casualty Company
- First Protective Insurance Company
- Focus Holdings, LLC
- Guy Carpenter & Company LLC
- Olympus Insurance Company
- Prepared Insurance Company
- St. Johns Insurance Company, Inc.
- United Automobile Insurance Company/Group