While the political world watches and waits to see if Alan Grayson will announce his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for Senate, establishment favorite Patrick Murphy continues to stockpile endorsements. Today the South Florida Congressman announced eight Broward County Democrats getting behind his Senate campaign.
- Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler
- Broward County Mayor Tim Ryan
- Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel
- Broward County Property Appraiser Lori Parrish
- Broward County Commissioner Martin Kiar
- Broward County Commissioner Mark Bogen
- Broward County Commissioner Beam Furr
- Broward County Commissioner Dale Holness
“Broward County is key to our success next November,” Murphy said in a statement. “Democrats across the county need a Senator who will fight for the middle class, protect Social Security and Medicare, work together to protect the environment, and stand up for a woman’s right to choose. I intend to be that Senator with the help of these great public servants. I look forward to working with them to share my vision with all of Broward County and the entire state of Florida.”
In addition to these local Democrats getting behind him, Murphy has also received endorsements from top Democrats in the Tampa Bay area like Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn, St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman, 2014 gubernatorial nominee Charlie Crist and former CFO Alex Sink.