Most cities have websites to connect with its citizens; others take advantage of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to notify residents on pertinent city business and activities.
For those who want to reach out virtually and touch Mayor Bob Buckhorn, the City of Tampa has now launched its own app.
The new city-services application — available for Apple iOS and Android — allows tablet or smartphone users to contact Tampa officials for everything from requesting street repairs, info on after-hour emergencies and job openings to simply saying hello to city officials, including Buckhorn.
An email announcing the project features the mayor holding an iPhone, frozen with his best “Wait, there’s more!” TV-infomercial smile. In fact, the download website offers a “kind of” sales pitch with a 60-second YouTube video.
The app allows Tampa residents to engage in a number of city services:
- Customer service center – contact the city to ask a question or report a problem, directly from the app
- News – view official news and press releases as they are released
- Events – view upcoming events in and around Tampa
- Jobs – view the latest job openings at the city of Tampa
- Social – connect with the mayor and the city of Tampa on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Contact us – view and call contact numbers for hurricane information, city services, code enforcement and more