Ramba Consulting Group, with its three-person lobbying team — founding manager David Ramba, Allison Carvajal and Keith Hetrick— brought in revenues of at least $440,000 in the first three months of 2014.
Ramba Consulting brings to Tallahassee decades of advocacy and legal experience. Ramba served as legislative counsel for The Florida League of Cities, the Department of Labor’s Special Disability Trust Fund and in the Florida House of Representatives Committee on Finance and Taxation; Carvajal worked with the Legislature in the Senate Appropriations Committee, then moved to the Republican Party of Florida. Hetrick was formerly in-house general counsel to the Florida Home Builders Association.
Ramba’s largest legislative clients in Q1 are Florida Optometry Eye Health Fund, Inc., which spent a reported maximum of $29,999, followed by up to $19,999 each from communications giant AT&T and BYDSSE Gaming LLC, a subsidiary of Boyd Gaming, which owns several Las Vegas casinos, as well as a joint owner of the Borgata in New Jersey.
Among Ramba’s other legislative clients in the $19,999 maximum range:
- Consulate Health Care, one of the nation’s leading providers of senior healthcare services
- Florida Arcade and Bingo Association, Inc
- Florida Chiropractic Association, Inc
- Palm Beach West Associates l, LLLP
- SunCoast Aquatic Nature Center Association, a nonprofit organization established to oversee Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota.