Gov. Rick Scott announced two appointments and four reappointments to the Florida Commission on Community Service for terms ending September 14, 2016:
- Christina Bonarrigo, 23, of Gainesville, is the student body president of the University of Florida. She succeeds Justin Quiggle.
- Kerry Ann Schultz, 38, of Gulf Breeze, is an attorney with the Navarre-based Fountain, Schultz & Associates real estate law firm. She fills a vacant seat.
The four reappointments are:
- Marcia Gonzalez, 53, of Miami, is a council representative of Florida Carpenters Regional Council.
- Dr. Michael McLeod, 59, of Sebring, a dean at South Florida State College.
- Patricia “Penny” Miller, 58, is vice president of Ocala-based Special Publications Inc.
- Susan Towler, 50, of Jacksonville, vice president of the Florida Blue Foundation, the philanthropic affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
The appointments are subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate.
Scott also appointed Jeffrey Hurst to the Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation (Able Trust). Hurst, 47, of Orlando, is senior finance officer of Florida Hospital. He fills a vacant seat for a term ending September 30, 2015.