Cinco de Mayo is nearly here! What plans have you made to celebrate the day? No plans yet? Well, here are a 10 spots round the ‘burg that might be just the right place for you.
- Red Mesa Cantina (downtown) brings it again—the most fun and authentic Cinco de Mayo Party in St Pete is back again! It wouldn’t be Cinco de Mayo without lots of Cerveza and Margaritas, non-stop Musica and Tequila, too! On Cinco de Mayo, Jeremy Thomas Band (4pm–8pm) and Roberto Debourg and The Flats (9pm-close). The kitchen is serving our full menu plus, Taco Man™ slinging fresh hand-made tacos and homemade nachos out in the plaza lounge! Five complete bars, live bands, tented and open-air plazas for non-stop Cinco de Mayo fun.
- Red Mesa Restaurant (4th Street N.) is offering great food speaials and featuring this drink specials now through Cinco de Mayo: Beer (daft or bottle $3; Sangria Smal $5, Large $6; and Margarita Small $5, Large $6.
- Casita Taqueria—We are VERY excited to be hosting this *Local Love-in* Fiesta so that you can Keep it Local for Cinco de Mayo! Join us for an afternoon of delicious tacos, beer and awesome music! Casita Taqueria will be putting up tents outside where they’ll have their yummy fare and beer specials available. We’ve just confirmed the following musicians will be playing: ~ Local favorite Rebekah Pulley (http://www.rebekahpulley.com/) and Rob Pastore will be playing pedal steel guitar and upright bass (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebekah-Pulley/115331548505636) ~ Acho Brother – Latin Alternative Music – (http://www.myspace.com/achobrother) – learn more about him here: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/soundcheck/content/artist-day-acho-brother and http://www.last.fm/music/Acho+Brother https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acho-Brother/242563415802565 Hope to see you there!!!
- Johnny Renos (at The Pier) JonnY “Juan” Reno is hosting his Annual Authentic 5th of May Mexican Holiday this time on The Pier at Jonny Reno’s. This is an All day & All Night event featuring a Margarita Shack, Live Music, Donkey Rides & Pictures, Cointreau Girls, Margaritaville Girls,DJ Rob Morey, Pete Merrigan and 97 X Local Band Search. During your travels from on Cinco party to another try to pencil us in from 4 to 8pm to check out real live donkey and our Cointreu & Margaritaville Girls. Saturday May 5th Noon til Midnight, DJ Rob Morey 1 to 4pm / Donkey Excursion 4 to 8pm / Cointreau Girls 4 to 6pm / Margaritaville Girls 6 to 8pm / Pete Merrigan 4 to 7pm / 97 X Local Band Search 9 to Midnightey, Pete Merrigan and 97 X Local Band Search.
During your travels from on Cinco party to another try to pencil us in from 4 to 8pm to check out real live donkey and our Cointreu & Margaritaville Girls.
Saturday May 5th Noon til Midnight
DJ Rob Morey 1 to 4pm / Donkey Excursion 4 to 8pm / Cointreau Girls 4 to 6pm / Margaritaville Girls 6 to 8pm / Pete Merrigan 4 to 7pm / 97 X Local Band Search 9 to Midnight
- Hiro’s Tokyo Steakhoue & Sushi Bar presents their very first bay to bay party! Come party BOTH days at Hiro’s Toyko Steakhosue & Ocean Blue (Carollwood). Specials are available both days (Saturday and Sunday) at both locations. Enjoy $1 Well Tequilas, $2 Coronas and $3 Margaritas all day. Remember to RSVP now!
- Push Ultra Lounge will host its Annual Cinco de Mayo Block Party on Saturday, starting at 11 a.m. The party goes until 3 a.m. on Sunday, so pace yourself. There will be live music, drink specials and even a dunk tank. For more information, call 727-871-7874.
- Suite Six—for its first year as a piece of the downtown puzzle, Suite Six will be throwing a Cinco de Drinko party on Saturday. The event starts at 6 p.m. ending at 3 a.m. There will be a “pin the tail on the donkey” contest and drink specials like $3 Cuervo, $4 loaded Coronas and $6 Patron margaritas.
- Taps & Tequila—What would Cinco de Mayo be without some top shelf tequila? Taps & Tequila will be having a Fiesta Grande that will start at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s right, the venue will be home to this 19 hour-long event. Kegs and eggs will kick off the day followed by a mariachi band, drink specials and a visit from 97x’s Fischer.
- Durty’s Nelly’s will be hosting its first ever Durty Mexican party on Saturday with Hit or Miss. The fun starts at 9 p.m. and lasts until midnight. Sport the most creative, funny or sexy costume and win cash and prizes. Drink specials include $3 Coronas, $3 Durty Sanchez shots, $5 Milagro shots/drinks and $10 margarita pitchers.
- Vue 19—Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Vue 19 with DJ Lyndon Uy in the main room and Jason Kitchen entertaining in the side room. Drink specials will include $5 Patron and $3 Dos Equis.