1. Perhaps the best written item in today’s edition is this letter-to-the-editor about Charlie Crist, an excerpt: His positive ratings are puzzling to me, and speak a lot about Floridians’ “good” sense, as I still don’t know what good he did during his short cameo impersonating a governor. But I do know what he did not do: govern. He abandoned the power into the hands of an ultra-right-wing House, left over from the ultra-right-wing previous governor, Jeb Bush, who sold, or should I say, gave away Florida to greedy and self-concerned Big Business.
2. The worst news in the paper is the trouble my friend Jack Bodziak finds himself. Jack is my friend and I trust he can work all of this out. I know what it’s like to be in trouble and I know how it feels when your so-called friends run for cover. Stay strong, Jack.
3. Jack’s partner Tony Amico is making out alright with the city’s annexation of Tierra Verde. Troxler criticizes the city for “ram(ming) this though with a single-mindness that is downright scary.” Scary to who? Not to the residents of St. Petersburg, and that’s who the Mayor and City Council represent. It sucks for Tierra Verde, but this city’s elected officials need to look out for what’s best for this city.
4. I was prepared to foist my own rainbow flag in support of St. Pete Pride after what the city was not doing to support this event. Looks like they worked out the issue. But the question remains: why does the city have to be an obstacle to every fucking endeavor gay residents undertake?
5. Poor Cristina Silva…she gets stuck with that article while Aaron sashays about town in his nice suit. Shrock: I haven’t seen one single article about the two campaigns you are assigned, save the profile puff pieces that only required a reading of their high school yearbooks.
6. Ernest Hooper wants Chuck Harmon to “elaborate” on the glaring crime headlines…I’d like to see the street-savvy Hooper, as the Metro/State’s sole columnist of color, elaborate on what really needs to be done to solve these issues.
7. Sharks frekin’ scare the shit out of me. Even when they are in the back of two wilco-tango kids’ truck.
8. I don’t even know what the hell is going on in 2B. It’s a damn Christmas tree of a page with crap just hanging down all over the place.
9. I’ve sold a boat engine, an iPOD, a futon and lord knows what else on Craig’s List. I found jobs in New York, St. Croix and Florida on Craig’s List. But I have never bought or sold a damn thing in the newspaper’s classified’s section. And I certainly never found a job in the ‘Help Wanted’ listings. The Times could create an instant revenue source by adminstering “St. Peter’s List”, and back up the listings with their esteemed reputation.
10. Note to Ray Sansom: Aruba does not have an extradition treaty with the US.