Public Policy Polling’s new holiday season poll sees voters in giving moods towards both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney – voters believe both men will be receiving presents from Santa this holiday season rather than a lump of coal, with Romney perhaps getting some sympathy presents. Voters say Romney will get presents by a 63/37 margin compared to 51/49 for Obama. Some other findings:
– 44% of respondents said Santa was a Democrat while 28% say he is a Republican.
– 54% of voters said they were concerned that the looming “fiscal cliff” could cause Santa to cut back on his benefits.
– More voters than not (47/40) say there is a “War on Christmas”.
– Only 32% or respondents could correctly identify the number of days in Hanukkah, compared to 18% each who thought 7 days or 12 days.
– A majority of voters (52/45) said they believe in Santa Claus. 80% said they were on Santa’s “Nice” list to just 11% who said they were on his “Naughty” list.
– If voters saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, 43% would tell Daddy, 40% would not and 17% weren’t sure.
– When asked, “If Grandma got run over by a reindeer, would you press charges against Santa?” 61% would not press charges, to 24% who would. 33% of Democrats would press charges compared to 19% of Republicans.
More interesting findings about Christmas here.