The colleges of Florida have had players in the spotlight.
Over the years, the state has watched Tim Tebow and Jameis Winston, Danny Wuerffel and Charlie Ward, Vinny Testaverde and Emmitt Smith, Percy Harvin and Deion Sanders and others.
But sometimes, stardom comes on a smaller stage, too.
Take, for instance, FIU and T.Y. Hilton. While few were noticing, Hilton caught 209 passes for more than 3,500 yards. All that were missing were the bright lights.
As a pro with Indianapolis, Hilton has caught 283 passes for 4,413 yards.
Here are the top five receivers from the non-marquee college programs of the state.
5. Lester Jean, FAU (2007-2009): Jean stuck around the NFL for years after catching 146 passes for 1,992 yards for the Owls.
4. Mike Norsant, UCF (1995-1998): Norsant caught a whopping 198 passes for 2,809 yards for UCF.
3. Andre Davis, USF (2011-2014): Davis, still trying to stick with the Tampa Bay Bucs, caught 153 passes in college. He gained 2,136 yards.
2. Bernard Ford, UCF (1985-1987): Before he stuck around the NFL for years, Ford caught 111 passes for 2,138 yards.
1. T.Y. Hilton, FIU (2008-2011): Hilton’s impact was one of the best-kept secrets in the state. He caught 229 passes for 3,521 yards.