Business and civic leaders in the Tampa Bay area have a full schedule ahead, as the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce released its latest “Bright Spots” digest of news and events featuring many of the most influential people in the city.
Women with Vision Awards
Last week, the Chamber honored the accomplishments of a number of professional female leaders with a presentation of the 15th Annual Iconic Women awards. Ceridian HCM sponsored the May 14 event — titled “Women with Vision” — at the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park.
- 2014 Business Woman of the Year (Less Than 50 Employees) — Brooke G. Boyd, Hype Group, LLC.
- 2014 Business Woman of the Year (More Than 50 Employees) — Melanie Bevan, City of St. Petersburg – Police Department
- 2014 Entrepreneur Woman of the Year — Dawna Stone, Healthy You Ventures
- 2014 Woman to Watch — Tara L. Carroll, Trenam Kemker Attorneys
- 2014 INSPIRE! Woman of the Year — Kimberly Rodgers, Community Law Program, Inc.
- 2014 Non-Profit Woman of the Year — Lenice Emanuel, YWCA Tampa Bay
- 2014 Community Service Woman of the Year — Torrie Jasuwan, BabyCycle Diaper Bank
The winners came from a pool of over 100 nominations received by the Chamber and were scored by an independent panel of judges unaffiliated with the members of the 2014 Iconic Women of St. Petersburg Planning Committee or Chamber staff.
Meet the Rays
Meet Tampa Bay Rays players, team management and learn more about the organization and vision for the 2014 season on Wednesday, May 21 at the Hilton Carillon, 950 Lake Carillon Dr., from 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The event is a chance to support both the Rays and the Clearwater Regional and St. Petersburg Area Chambers of Commerce.
Business Connection Lunch
The Chamber’s bi-monthly Business Connection Lunch is Wednesday, May 28 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., held at the Staybridge Suites, 940 5th Ave S. The luncheon meeting will give members an opportunity to network and learn from other community business leaders on best business practices. The guest speaker is Lucky Dill Deli owner Ken O’Bannon. Registration is available online.
New Member Orientation
New members will get a chance to learn the Chamber Ropes on Wednesday, June 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at the Chamber Boardroom, 100 2nd Ave N in St. Petersburg.
The popular meeting is the perfect occasion for new and existing members to become acquainted (or reacquainted) with all the available benefits, events and programs offered by the Chamber
To register, or for more information, click the Chamber website link.